Friday, February 20, 2009

I Choose Not To Run

Friends,

It is with mixed feelings that I write you this message. I have faced the presidential election of 2012 with great anticipation. The thought that, finally, I would be of age to throw my hat into the Executive Wing Ring has provided great support to me during the past eight years.

With my Jew Behind the Scenes, Noah Diamond, I have been busily refining my campaign platform (Pro-Legislation), my slogan ("Don't fake the funk") and my inspirational call-to-action ("Choose a world for your children!"). I had even gone so far as to book my inaugural band (The Beatles). Then, something happened that changed everything.

As many of you know, Barack Obama recently became 44th President of the United States. A few days after the election, while I was testing out my new iron-on campaign logos, one of my closest advisors, Eleanor Roosevelt, approached me. She told me that hope was in the air. She said "change is sweeping the country. It is time for unity. Do not split the Democratic Party. I beg you."

I was taken aback by her words and walked to a nearby park, thinking over what she'd said. I watched the children at play, their innocent laughter floating past me on gossamer wings. And I realized she was right.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is for this reason that I have decided to suspend my campaign for the Presidency and not challenge sitting President, Barack Obama, for the Democratic nomination in 2012.

Instead, I'll keep this blog. And continue to serve my country in the best way I know how. By keeping a blog. Meanwhile, stay tuned for more CAMPAIGN 2016 info here!

Love,
Sisk

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE FROM OUR NEXT PRESIDENT (THE ONE IN 2016)? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment